Thursday, October 1, 2009

Would you like a little whine with that cheese?

Hey Ya'll,
Okay, first it has rained in Memphis until this week for a month. What does that mean to me? Well, it means the grass does not get cut for three weeks. Not a big deal you say. No, in the big scheme of things I guess it isn't a big deal. However, we have this thick, lush grass in the front yard and it has literally thrashed our lawnmower over the years. Also, there is this low spot on the right side of the yard if you are looking at the house. When it rains it is like a freakin' swamp. I'm not exaggerating, it has hundreds of little frogs in it and if you aren't paying attention you can get the lawnmower bogged down in it. I hate it. My next door neighbor told me yesterday that because it is mostly clay it doesn't drain well. He also told me when the trailer trash that used to live in our house lived here they would let the grass get thigh high (our neighbors LOVE us) and he would offer to cut the weeds with his tractor. He said there were water issues back then too. I was complaining about the Husquavarna riding lawnmower to him and he said he thought they were supposed to be good. I said that wasn't out experience. Don't even ask Dave about the lawnmower. It is quite a bone of contention in our house. Dave wanted to buy one of those stand behind things and I said no, I cut the grass, I want to sit my happy a** down and I want a little awning over me. So he bought the Lowe's special and I've regretted it ever since.
Because now it is making a funny noise and it will hardly cut warm butter. I hate cutting the grass. Did I mention that? But I do love a beautiful yard.
Did I mention that the garage door opener is fried? Also the fridge in the garage is on the fritz. Oh yea, and thank God it has turned off cool because the air conditioning that we've been babying for 5 years is out again. The drain is clogged in my shower and we are looking at a redo in Charlotte's bathroom. Oh and the whole inside needs a paint job. Why does stuff ALL break down at the same time. Poor Dave. He should have been named Job. I love him so much. He really does have a great attitude. Maybe his name should have been Nephi. I defiantly should have been named Laman. Thank you for listening. This blog is very therapeutic. I feel better.
I''m going to read to Annie's class now. It's Johnny Appleseed week. I'm going to wear a pan for a hat! I'm a rock star. :) All my love, Tracey

No comments: