Hey Ya'll,
Things are a little better this week. Last week I got a brand new fridge in the garage. Yay! But poor big Dave's been riding and driving the porcelain bus. Sickness brings out strange personality traits in people. Some people want to be babied while others want to be left alone. Dave falls into the later group. I grew up with a mom who would literally smother you with care. Dave on the other hand grew up with a mom who would throw a crust of bread at you. I have a friend who said her mom acted mad if you got sick. Like you went around licking water fountain guards (every mother's fear) on purpose. She ironically went into nursing. I remember the first time Dave got sick, I went into mothering mode and ran to help him. I brought him a wet washcloth (which is standard operating procedure) and he turned on me like a demon from hell and said "GET OUT!"
We were just kids so of course I got my feelings hurt. But in 27 years I don't think he's ever gotten another wet washcloth from me. I just leave him alone. I'm kind of mean truth be told. I think now he would like a little TLC but that just ain't gonna happen. The standard of care has been established. There's no going back. Plus he drives me crazy roaming around the house with his germy self. He touches every thing, the TV remote, the computer keyboard, the mouse, and the telephone. He thinks I'm ridiculous because I want him quarantined in the bedroom. I make the kids do it. He acts like he owns this place! Oh wait, he does. Whatever, he also wants to kiss me or hug me. EEEWWW! I don't think so. I would wait on him hand and foot if he weren't so independent and would STAY IN THE BEDROOM! His choice, get your own coke.
I realize I sound like a heinous witch, but once the host has been introduce into the household it's hard to get rid of it. I'm the one cleaning up puke when a little kid can't make it to the bathroom. Usually by this time I'm sick too. Mmmmm there is just nothing like cleaning up vomit while running a fever. I just love it. Yeah, yeah I know this is a volunteer army. Anyway after this week the house needs a Silkwood scrub-down. Thank goodness Janie (my cleaning lady) is coming in the morning. I love Janie day. It smells so good after she comes. I know some of you miss her. I would. I will give her your love. Well, it's crazy late and morning comes crazy early. Gotta go. All my love, Tracey

No comments:
Post a Comment