Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Why am I always God's straightman?

Greetings dearests,

I believe that one of the other commandments (you know, the tablet Moses broke) must have been "Thou shalt not whine!" Remember in the last blog where I was muleing and puking about how much I hated my ward and hated my calling (job at church)? Well please listen when I tell you to be careful of what you pray for. So this is how it went last Sunday in the bishop's office. "Sister Steward we would like to extend a calling to you. We have fasted and prayed and would like you to be our new Relief Society President." My knee jerk response was a joke (of course). "You fasted and prayed?" "Oh, Sister Steward we take this very serious, yes you were the answer." Okay so he doesn't get the joke yet. This might be a problem as I will be working very closely together. For those of you not acquainted with all the Mormon jargon a Relief Society President runs the woman's organization in each ward. A ward is a unit of church where you go according to where you live. She is responsible for ALL the women temporally and spiritually. You can see why I questioned the bishop. I truly am where they got the expression "The Lord doesn't care about your ability or you inability, just your availability." I cuss like a sailor, I don't like people, I'm lazy, I don't know everyone's back story nor do I care to, I'm unorganized, I don't know how to E-Mail. Seriously, I'm a dinosaur. What was He thinking? I know what He was thinking, that this is the ultimate joke and I would get it. :) I do. Before you fire off a bunch of e-mails telling me all my good qualities, I know what they are. So does He. I'm stubborn as a mule and wont quit until I'm done. I'm a good listener. I throw a great party. I'm good with individuals. I love oddballs (and they love me). I know how to rally the troops. I know how to delegate, and my extended family's nickname for me is "The General". To Whom much is given.... I just hope no one gets offended easily. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

On a sad note, Dave had an arborist come and look at the trees in the back. My dear friend is much sicker than we had thought and needs to come down for safety sake. He said she could go any time and since the kids are out there all the time it is dangerous. So sad. Did I mention that I am also a reverse ageist? I don't trust him (the tree dude) because he is just so stinkin' young.
I have bras older than him. Is it his age or the fact that men just love to cut things down with chainsaws? Ah, the age old question.

Well I'm gonna go now. Wish me luck! All my love, Tracey

3 comments:

Britt said...

Don't forget that you have a direct line to the big man. You always get the most detailed answers to prayers. You are going to be great! On that note, I am glad it is you and not me! tee hee. Love ya.

Unknown said...

Oh Tracey, how you make me laugh!

AnnieB said...

Oh Tracey! Man, I miss you! I can hear your voice through your writing and I can just picture your mannerisms and it makes me laugh and cry and want to hug you! I can't picture you gray, however, so I would love a picture posted!
Congrats/Condolences on the new calling! You will be wonderful, but you know that. He knows that! You may not like everyone and everything, but you sure make people feel loved (and laugh). What's better than that, I ask you!?